Thursday, December 07, 2006

Williams Investment Society

The Washington Post’s Daniel de Vise writes about the C-school’s Williams Investment Society.

Read his article below, and more about the Williams Investment Society on its web site, http://wis.wlu.edu.

Donor's gift gives financial class unique opportunity to learn ins, outs of stock market

… one of a small number of schools in the nation devoting an entire seminar to investing, a topic more commonly taught as part of an economics or financial planning class.

Intriguing aspect: The most intriguing part, financial educators say, is that students will invest real money.

''You have to have real money involved in order to get the students to take it seriously,'' said Scott Hoover, adviser to the student investment club at Washington and Lee University in Lexington, Va. ''If you can get the students to take it seriously, they can do wonders.''

At Washington and Lee, one of a growing number of universities that give students real dollars to invest, the club has $1.6 million at its disposal and has performed as well as the best professionals, Hoover said.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for finally writing about > "Williams Investment Society" < Liked it!

Here is my blog post; site

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your
website and in accession capital to assert that I acquire in fact enjoyed account your blog posts.
Anyway I'll be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently fast.

Visit my blog hire a comedian Essex

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey very interesting blog!

Here is my page: more info

7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurrah! After all I got a blog from where I be capable of actually get useful data regarding my study and
knowledge.

Feel free to surf to my page; www.charterdaycare.com

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home